It’s easy to feel skeptical about a weight loss supplement. After all, how many products have come and gone, promising great results in little time, but failing to deliver? It’s not like that with Garcinia Cambogia. The supplement works, providing results in as little as one week.
The type of results you’ll get from the supplement do vary, though, based on a few factors. Learn more about Garcinia before and after results, and what you can expect from the weight loss supplement.
Ready to see real weight loss results? Order Garcinia Cambogia online today
How Garcinia Cambogia Works
Garcinia Cambogia is a type of fruit that grows in Southeast Asia and India. It’s also called Malabar tamarind. In cooking, it’s often used to add flavor to curries. The fruit’s rind also helps preserve food, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health.
What’s turned Garcinia Cambogia from a simple ingredient used to flavor foods to a nutritional supplement is a compound found in its rind. The rind contains hydroxycitric acid or HCA. HCA is thought to play a role in altering a person’s appetite and in increasing the amount of fat a person burns.
The HCA found in Garcinia Cambogia can help with weight loss in a few ways.
- It blocks lyase, according to WebMD. Lyase is an enzyme that the body uses to produce fat.
- It increases levels of serotonin. Serotonin is products of tryptophan, an amino acid. People most commonly associate serotonin levels with a person’s mood, according to Healthline. But serotonin also plays a role in regulating appetite and helping people to eat less.
- It balances blood sugar. Garcinia Cambogia can help to improve the way that the body uses and absorbs glucose, which can help lower or stabilize blood sugar levels. Studies with mice found that mice who were given Garcinia Cambogia ended up with lower insulin levels compared to the control mice.
- It can lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Garcinia Cambogia can also help to reduce your “bad” cholesterol levels and your triglycerides, while improving your HDL, or “good” cholesterol.
Garcinia Cambogia Results After One Week
When you start taking Garcinia Cambogia, you should start seeing results pretty quickly. Some people notice effects after the first or second day of taking the supplement.
While results will vary based on how much you weigh at the start, what you eat or whether you make changes to your diet or not, and whether you exercise or not, you can expect to lose at least three pounds during that first week. There have been cases of people losing a pound a day, so results do vary.
Garcinia Before and After 2 Weeks
After two weeks of taking Garcinia Cambogia, you should notice even more results and increased weight loss. For example, one college student recounted her experience taking the supplement for two weeks, on Spoon University.
In the beginning, she was 139.5 pounds and wanted to lose weight pretty quickly so that she could fit into her Halloween costume. Two weeks later, after taking two Garcinia Cambogia pills a day and restricting her calories, she was down to 130 pounds, a weight loss of 9.5 pounds.
Some people didn’t notice the same results as the student, though. Another user of Garcinia Cambogia noted that she lost just three pounds during those first two weeks, according to Michelle Carrillo.
Although you can see a dramatic difference in your body before and after taking Garcinia Cambogia for two weeks, it helps to be aware that everyone’s results are different.
Garcinia Cambogia After 30 Days
After taking Garcinia Cambogia for a month, or 30 days, you should expect to see some results, even if you didn’t notice much of a change during the first week or first two weeks.
One estimate is that you should notice weight loss between eight and 10 pounds (at least) after the first month. Some people do drop more weight. Those who lose weight more quickly and see dramatic results after 30 days (like 20 or more pounds) are likely to be those who weigh more than others.
Getting Results with Garcinia Cambogia
One mistake people often make about Garcinia Cambogia is that they assume it’s going to be a weight loss miracle pill. Yes, the supplement can provide real results. Yes, it can help you lose weight when it seems as if you’ve plateaued and nothing else is working.
There are a few best practices you can follow to see results from taking the supplement after a week, two weeks or 30 days.
- Choose your supplement wisely. Not all Garcinia Cambogia supplements are created equally. There’s a great range when it comes to quality and efficacy. For example, some cheaper (and less effective) brands have lower concentrations of HCA, the active ingredient that can help you lose weight. When choosing your supplement, look for HCA between 50 and 60 percent. Also, avoid supplements that contain fillers or other added ingredients, which might not do anything helpful and could be harmful.
- Choose the right dose. How much Garcinia Cambogia you take affects your results. Take too little, and you won’t notice much, if any, change. Taking too much can also have adverse effects. Shape recommends taking a dose between 500 and 1,000 mg before each meal. You want to avoid taking more than 3,000 mg per day, though.
- Get the timing right. For best results, you want to take the supplement before eating. Some recommend taking the pills (1,500 mg) first thing in the morning, about a half hour before you eat breakfast. Others recommend taking a smaller dose (around 500 to 1,000 mg) before every meal.
- Choose a supplement with potassium or magnesium. You’ll see better results with a pill has either magnesium or potassium in it (if not both minerals). The minerals help to keep HCA from degrading into a less effective form, according to Bodybuilding.
How to Improve Your Garcinia Cambogia Results
Remember, Garcinia Cambogia isn’t magic. It’s a supplement, which means that it can help or supplement a healthy lifestyle when it comes to losing weight. To get the best results from the supplement, be sure to follow these tips.
- Eat a healthy diet. What does healthy even mean? Try to get plenty of fiber, which helps aid digestion, stabilizes blood sugar, and improves cholesterol. It’s also important to eat an adequate amount of protein and a good amount of healthy fats. Try to avoid sweets and starches as much as possible. Proteins and fats will help fill you up.
- Exercise. Some weight loss supplements promise that you’ll drop the pounds without having to go to the gym. But the truth is, you’ll lose weight more quickly and feel better if you work exercise into your routine at least a few times a week. Try a mix of cardio and strength training exercises for the best results.
- Drink plenty of water. Did you know that sometimes when you think you’re hungry, you’re really just thirsty? Drinking lots of water can help keep you from overeating. Staying hydrated also helps the Garcinia Cambogia to work better, as the water helps to speed up its absorption into your bloodstream.
- Cut back on alcohol. For the most part, alcohol is just empty calories, and those empty calories are going to make you gain weight. Alcohol itself contains calories — there are seven calories per gram. So if you drink daily, try to cut back to every other day or just a couple of times a week. If you drink more than one drink a day, try to limit yourself to just one a day.
- Get enough sleep. Ideally, you’ll want to sleep for seven to eight hours per night. Sleep for less than seven hours and your metabolism will slow down, which will interfere with weight loss. You’re also hungrier and more likely to overeat the less sleep you get.
- Stick with it. Even if you don’t see results immediately, don’t give up. Stick with your healthy eating and exercise routine and continue to take Garcinia Cambogia. For the most part, it’s recommended that you take the supplement for up to 12 weeks. You’re likely to see some results before the end of 12 weeks, even if you don’t see dramatic weight loss immediately.
In today’s world of fast-acting weight loss promises and products that seem to deliver results instantaneously, it can be frustrating to wait for weight loss. But combining Garcinia Cambogia with a healthy diet, exercise and an overall improvement in your lifestyle habits can help you notice results after a week, two weeks, or one month.